A dental emergency can lead to panic stations. In the event of a dental emergency, it is important that you understand what to look for to get the best and quickest dental care. When in oral pain, there will be times you need to visit a dentist as soon as possible. Not all dental emergency clinics operate with the same principles.
Typing “an emergency dentist near me” in a Google search will provide the closest dental clinic you can visit. However, how do you know they can book you in for emergency dental care?
Therefore, it is important that you perform due diligence to commit to an emergency dentist in the event of an emergency and fix it before they cause any further damage.
The Five Tips
Here are some tips to consider when choosing the most appropriate dentist for your needs:
- Look For Same Day Emergency Appointments – The utmost important plus point about an emergency dentist is to fit you in for a same-day emergency appointment. Some emergencies can be so severe that they cannot wait an extra few days or a week. The best dentist will look to accommodate you for emergency treatment during normal hours on the same day.
- Affordable Fees – Dentistry treatment can be expensive. This is especially if you’re not covered with dental insurance. In some emergency cases, multiple treatments could be recommended, leaving you with a hefty care bill. Identify which dentist has the most affordable options without dental insurance.
- Calm Nerves and Anxiety – In the event of a dental emergency, patients are bound to feel scared and anxious. Particularly if you’re not used to visiting the dentist and are scared to approach them, look for a dental clinic that has sedation options available. Sedation dentistry helps to keep you consciously relaxed during treatment and limits any anxious feelings whilst the dentist gets to work on your teeth.
- An Experienced Dentist – In the event of a dental emergency, if the dentist is relaxed, you should be more confident that the dentist is knowledgeable enough to resolve your dental concern. Even if dentists practice cosmetic dentistry or orthodontistry, dentists being on edge will only make you feel worse. An experienced dentist will show care and empathy to keep you relaxed when entering the dental clinic.
- Routine Treatments – A perfect dentist will offer one treatment and not multiple. In the event of an emergency, resolving your dental concerns in one appointment is ideal. For future emergencies, you will know the treatment that will be performed, meaning you can trust the dentist to provide quality dental care.
Is your child suffering from a dental emergency? Read here on what to do next
When in severe pain, there are times when you’re willing to accept any advice to reduce the pain. This is a bad approach as you’d be oblivious to know whether the advice offered would cure your dental concern. You should be well-prepared to identify your most appropriate emergency dentist when you require one.
Our Woden Dentists are dedicated to ensuring we reserve emergency appointments whenever you need them. We care for your dental concerns and are ready to deliver comfortable and immediate treatments when required. Contact us here for immediate emergency support!