If you’re missing a tooth which degrades that natural look, then you’re in luck. Dental Implants is a cosmetic treatment that restores that natural link. There are a variety of dental implant treatments you can choose from to suit your oral needs.
If you’re looking to return that natural shine to your teeth, implants are the way to go. Here are the available dental implant treatments.
- Endosteal implants are the most common form of artificial replacement. Endosteal implants are fitted through your jawbone where a titanium screw is infused within it for the crown to be placed on top once the screw is in place. You are only eligible for an Endosteal Implant if your jaw and mouth structure are strong enough to withstand it, meaning your jawbone must be strong enough with enough bone stimulation. This is something the oral surgeon will determine during the pre-examination. Once the implant is fitted, no special aftercare treatment is necessary. However you must know dental implant aftercare tips to keep your implant healthy. Immediately before treatment, it will need to settle in its place. Avoid hard solid foods and avoid brushing in the area until it becomes solid.
- Endosteal Implant Cost For Single Replacement – A single Endosteal replacement usually costs approximately $3000 to $3500 for a single fitting.
- Appointment: A clean and fitting of the implant should take about 2 appointments. Should your tooth be decayed, and remains of your tooth need to be cleared, expect a separate spaced-out appointment to first extract the tooth. Once the tooth is extracted, it will need adequate rest before implant treatment. Consult your dentist for further information.
- The only difference between Subperiosteal Implants and Endosteal Implants is the fitting placement. Whilst an endosteal implant is fitted of an infused screw, a subperiosteal implant is fitted on top of your bone underneath the gum. A subperiosteal implant is recommended if your jaw bone isn’t strong enough. You can also go through bone stimulation which strengthens the jaw for Endosteal.
- Periosteal Implant Cost For Single Replacement – One subperiosteal fitting is expected to cost approximately $2500 to $3000.
- Appointment: Your teeth will be examined initially during the appointment. Subperiosteal implants are expected to last for two appointments. The first appointment consists of a checkup-and-clean with the final appointment consisting of fitting the implant.
Why not read here on what cosmetic dentistry is?
No matter the state and structure of your mouth, either one of the above implant treatments should be suitable. Zygomatic Implants are another rare form of treatment to explore, which are different from conventional implants as they are anchored to the cheekbone instead of the jaw. If your bone quality is severely low, this may be explored, although it’s not usually required.