If those stubborn stains, plaque, and tartar on your teeth are reducing your opportunity to smile, consult the dentist to restore your confidence.
Debris that form of your teeth is very difficult to remove through normal brushing and flossing. There are further reasons why stains form on your teeth, and the dentist will be able to tell you exactly why. It is more than likely to be the fact that your oral routine isn’t strong enough to cater to strong white teeth. A positive oral routine is essential. Without it, it becomes very difficult to keep your teeth white. Typically, your teeth could be degrading for one of the following reasons:
- Poor dental hygiene
- A diet consisting of dark solids and liquids
- Consumption of smoking and tobacco products
- Trauma or Disease
- Other medical treatments
Luckily, dental hygienists are on hand to perform a check-up and clean which will remove all discoloration and debris to help reduce chances of bacteria and cavities forming. Check-up and clean carries many health benefits for your teeth which you should be aware of.
The Five Benefits
Here are some benefits check-up and clean provides:
- New Lifestyle Ideas – The hygienist is the only person who will understand the state of your teeth and the reasons for it. Regular advice is provided to patients at every visit, and you should the same within your appointment. The hygienist will recommend tweaks to your lifestyle, so you look after your teeth whilst fulfilling your normal life activities.
- Your Confidence and Self-Esteem Rises – When you smile in the mirror, the poor state of your teeth only makes you feel low and downbeat. With white, strong teeth, you’ll fall in love with your smile and carry it with you everywhere you go. You begin to feel confident within yourself. With confidence comes more opportunities in life, and the public perception of you improves with a beaming smile.
- Reduce Chances Of Oral Cancer – Problems in your mouth and oral health heightens the risk of oral cancer. At every check-up and clean appointment, the hygienist is required to perform a cancer screening and act immediately if your mouth is showing signs of developing oral cancer. Strong, white teeth reduce these chances.
- Affordable And Limits Further Treatment – A check-up and clean can save you a ton of money that you would fork out on for other expensive dental treatments. Check-up and clean not only polish your teeth but also improves your overall health.
- You Will Sleep Better – A lot of patients suffer from Teeth Grinding which is a popular cause of degrading teeth. The trouble is, you won’t know if you suffer from it as it occurs when you sleep. If you suffer from headaches and stiffness in the jaw during the mornings, you could be suffering from Bruxism. The hygienist will be able to diagnose this and offer solutions to limit and reduce this from happening, helping you to sleep better and feel better when you wake up.
The dental hygienist is responsible to ensure that your teeth not only look aesthetically pleasing but ensures your overall health is kept intact. A white beaming smile improves your physical and mental well-being and generally makes you feel good about yourself. Therefore, do not pass up the opportunity to visit your hygienist to get a check-up and clean.
If you’re due a check-up and clean and want to transform your smile, Garran Dental is ready for you. Contact us now to check yourself in with one of our experienced hygienists.