Losing teeth are very common. Although, modern dentistry has expanded, which means there are many cosmetic treatments available to resolve the problem of missing teeth. Therefore, if you lose your teeth, its not the end of the world. The cosmetic treatment focused on is dental implants. Dental implants are designed to replace missing teeth with an artificial replacement that is considered an aesthetically-natural solution. Implants are designed to look, feel and function just like your natural teeth to improve your confidence and smile naturally.
One of the key factors to help you make a decision on whether implant treatment is right for you, is whether dental implants are worth the cost. Yes, the cost of implant treatment ranges differently, mainly depending on your location.
If you’re concerned about whether dental implants are worth the cost of dental implant treatment, below weighs out the benefits against the cost of treatment. Let’s take a look them.
Why Implant Treatment Is Worth the Cost
- The Results Last A Long Time – Comparing the results to cost, there is no argument for the cost trumping above the results. Implants are designed to be permanent, and can last for up to 15 to 20 years minimum if looked after with a strong oral routine. With an implant fitted, the jawbone also restarts its stimulation to strengthen the implant. Over time, you’ll notice the cost will be cheaper in comparison to the results.
- Yes, They Are A Natural Replacement– Dental implants are not weak or unnatural. This is purely a misconception. Implants can hardly be recongised in the mouth when its in line with your natural teeth. Mouth functioning won’t be impacted either. So you can eat, chew and bite like normal. Click here to learn more about whether implants are safe.
- Little To Zero Discomfort– You may experience a degree of pain just after treatment, where rest will be required so that healing can begin. If you want to get back to normal as quickly as possible, simply take a few days out to relax so the implant can settle.
- Simple Aftercare Maintenance – Many patients ask this question. What maintenance does it take after the implant treatment is performed? Not too much is the answer. Dental implants require no special care. If you look after your implant with a positive oral routine, the implant will last for years. Continue to brush and floss twice a day and keep your implants in good condition.
- Your Mouth Functioning Isn’t Impacted– The jaw muscles are under constant effort and pressure, such as through eating, chewing and talking. They do not get a break! Implants have no ill effects to your mouth functioning. Implants also preserve tissue and bone structure so your mouth functions normally.
So, Are They Worth It?
For missing teeth, implants are the next natural choice to preserve your mouth structure and maintain good oral health. Over time, you will realise that the cost isn’t as steep as you first thought due because you’re basically replacing your missing tooth with another natural type. However, to preserve its longevity, the dentist will recommend changes to your lifestyle, especially if you consume alcohol and smoking products regularly. If it’s well looked after, dental implant treatment is well worth the cost.
The idea of the above is to provide you with the key factors that will help you to make the right decision as to whether dental implant treatment are worth the cost. Should you want to seek further advice, you can contact our Garran Dental team.